When I was 40, I had the great blessing of becoming Grandma Debbie. At the time I was still raising my own kids. My daughters Jae and Robyn were only seven and four when Kirstie, my first granddaughter, was born. But having almost overlapping families added to the fun! As of October 2012, Dave and I have been blessed with 14 grandkids. They are ~ Kirstie(1994) ~ Nic(1994) ~ Kyle(1996) ~ Christopher(1999) ~ Josh(1999) ~ Ethan(2005) ~ Owen(2007) ~ Shelby(2009) ~ Jaxon(2009) ~ Ezekiel(2010) ~ Braden(2010)~ MacKenzie(2012)~ Quinn(2012)~ Cannon(2012) We’re pretty sure there will be a few more. Jae & Sean are just getting started and Robyn & Andrew are biding their time. Another blessing ~ I get to spend a lot of time with my grandkids. Most live in my hometown and the others are just a few hours away. I’d like to share my adventures as Grandma Debbie here and maybe you can share your adventures, too. I’m always up for learning new ways to have fun with the kids!

Friday, November 9, 2012

I haven't forgotten.....

I had no idea I'd have this much trouble finishing the post on teens! It wasn't very long ago that my home was full of teen-agers...mine and many others. But when writing gets tucked between sewing {I got Cannon's quilt finished!}, online classes {I'm only one lesson behind}, and housekeeping {oh, who am I trying to kid?}, it's hard to keep a thought long enough to commit it to paper.
But, God willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll finish and post it by Monday.


Oh...I've also been very busy grandmothering!

No comments:

Post a Comment